1) I added a new feature to my blog which is follow via email - that way you will receive an email whenever I post rather than having to check back all the time. Check it out on the sidebar ------>
2) I'm going to Namibia for the weekend! I am joining in with three other expats who are here studying/researching through Baylor and we're driving this weekend, since Monday is a national holiday (Sir Seretse Khama Day). I don't have much time to write now but I'm hoping to come back with some great pictures!
3) I had a wonderful birthday on Wednesday with all of the people I know in Gaborone in attendance (which isn't very many but was quite impressive considering I've only been here 3 weeks). I was also surprised this morning (Friday) with a birthday cake and beautiful Botswana-style rendition of "happy birthday" at the hospice - quite the sweet and unexpected surprise! I will update when I get back from the weekend with pics.
4) I started interviewing! I got my first two interviews on Wednesday, what a great birthday present to finally get my research rolling! To date I have completed 5 interviews, and they are going well. I am already learning a ton and I look forward to sharing my recent insights soon.
5) I saw the monkeys!!!!! They have wandered into our yard at least 3 times and I have seen them once around the neighborhood as well. They are Vervet monkeys, and are very cute. Their human-like mannerisms are fascinating to watch as they pick up objects and evaluate them or just scratch their behinds ;) There is a family of at least seven of them, including two babies, that rummages through our garbage on a fairly regular basis. Here are two photos I took from my back porch (I can't have an entire blog post without photos!!):
|Suspiciously creeping towards us|
|There are six monkeys in this picture can you find them all?|